Monday, September 14, 2015

Orange

I'm not sure if y'all have heard of the leadership color quiz (I don't think that's the real name).  I just checked it's not the real name, it's called the True Colors Personality Quiz.  My roommate was talking about how she's blue and gold and I decided to take it.  

There are 4 colors, blue, gold, green and orange.  As you may have guessed from the title of this post I'm orange.  As I was scoring myself I had to laugh, the lowest score you can get is 5 and the highest you can get is 20.  I was 17 points orange and 5 points gold, so I guess I'm really not gold.  

Orange: "I act on a moments notice.  I am witty, charming and spontaneous.  I consider life  a game, here and now.  I am impulsive, generous and impact.  I need fun, variety, stimulation and excitement.  I am optimistic, eager and bold. I value skill, resourcefulness and courage.  I am physical, immediate and fraternal.  I am a natural trouble shooter, a performer, a competitor. 

I crossed out optimistic because I'm more of a realist but otherwise the quiz was very accurate on my personality.  What really made me laugh was the signs of a bad day for an orange personality type.

Symptoms of a bad day:  Rudeness and defiance, breaking the rules intentionally, running away, use of stimulants, acting out boisterously, lying and cheating, physical aggressiveness.  

As I read them out loud to my roommate she started laughing at the 'use of stimulants' and I asked what kind of stimulant it's talking about.  She looked me right in the face and laughed out the word 'caffeine.'  Okay, so maybe the quiz was a little accurate.

What this quiz really did for me was helped me think about what kind of job I want in the future.  One of the qualities of an orange at work is 'bored and restless with jobs that are routine and structured' and I felt that on a spiritual level.  I really don't like sitting at a desk, more than once since starting a job that has me sitting at a desk all day I've felt restless and needed to get up and walk around (this happens like 4 times a day, oops).

I want a job that will keep my on my toes, a day in the office here and there is good but I don't like to be a bump on a log just sitting around all day.  Another quality of an orange at work is that I am a natural performer. Yep, that sounds about right.  I think that's why I liked waitressing so much,  It was never the same day twice, I got to interact with so many different types of people and I was always moving.  

So my challenge to myself this week is to brainstorm potential career options that give me that freedom and that allow me to shine because let's be honest, the whole world is my stage. I know jobs like that exist and I hope that one day I'll have one because if I've learned anything about myself at work over the past 2 months (can you believe I've almost been here for 2 months?) is that I don't thrive behind a desk all day.

Happy Monday everyone! Have a great week and try taking the quiz, I found it to be really enlightening!

No comments:

Post a Comment