Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Free Food

I've officially been a college graduate for about four months now and yet I still won't pass up a free meal, maybe that's something that will never change.

I will go out of my way to get a free breakfast, even if it means waking up an hour early, I will spend my days at college activity fairs for work because there's free pizza most of the time, I' not sure that I will ever outgrow the desire for a free meal.  Food always seem to taste better when it's free, at least it does to me.

Maybe it's because I'm living at poverty level, maybe in a few years when I'm making real, actual money I'll say no to the free breakfast that means I have to wake up an hour early, I'll pass on the free pizza, I'll say no the cookies being handed my way, but for now I won't.

I guess that's all part of learning to be an adult.  I have to weigh the pros and cons of waking up for that breakfast.  I chose to spend a year at poverty level and thus far I don't regret it, it's a great experience and usually once a week I luck out and get a free meal out of it, not that that's the reason I'm doing what I'm doing, that would be silly.

So for now I'm going to end this post, it was rather pointless and mostly I just wanted to talk about food because I'm hungry and I already ate my dinner.  It turns out being an adult is a lot of days that run together and some weeks I just don't feel inspired to write, so sorry about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment