Sunday, August 9, 2015

Laughing

Since my last post I have had no less than ten people reach out to me and empathize with how I've been feeling and that makes me feel so much less alone.  This weekend has been one for the record books for me. 

Last night I laughed so hard that I cried 6 separate times, I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard 2 times and I realized that sometimes the best nights come as a complete surprise.  I was home and thinking about bed by 9:15, so naturally around 9:45 people were at my apartment and it was the start of an epic night that went until 3 A.M. and ended with a missing hotdog. 

I'd like to preface this story with the fact that I had people over on Friday night and managed to only get around 4 hours of sleep so by the time Saturday night rolled around I was ready for an easy night in.  Lucky for me, I only had 4 beers in the fridge so I did manage to have it easy on that front, but according to science being exhausted can make you feel drunk, so there you go. 

My roommate never had the 'college' experience so this year we're trying to give it to her.  Last night we played card games and blasted out music too loud.  We jumped on tables and sang Rent, we went swimming at midnight, we went on a 2 A.M. food run.  The night culminated with me chasing after my friend Melissa because she wouldn't share her fries, if you know me at all you know that I'm a klutz at the best of times. 

I bit it, hard, I've got some nasty looking road rash on my leg, but I was laughing and I feel good.  My roommate tried to sleep in a bathtub, it was a good night, even if my hot dog went missing. I'm convinced that they didn't put it in the bag to begin with.

So since my last post I feel better, sure I miss home and my friends and family, but I have my new friends down here who have all been checking on me and making sure that I'm okay.  My abs hurt from laughing.  Last night was the most fun that I've had in a really long time.  

There's a Regina Spektor song that says, "you laugh until you cry, you cry until you laugh, and everyone must breathe until their dying breath."

That's what I'm doing, I'm laughing until I cry and I'm crying until I laugh.  This week will be better because now I know that I'm not alone, I've got people here who are going through the same thing or who have been through it before.  I'm making connections with people and the pit in my stomach is shrinking even smaller. 


No comments:

Post a Comment